Saturday, July 6, 2013

2.32-33 the one from 'murica day.

The fourth of july was a good one this year. We started out the day by heading out to Fort Laramie to see some things and just to wander around (something I hadn't done before) It was nice to see the site featured in so much of this regions history. 

We returned to Haven for a few hours... most of us took naps (myself included) and then headed to a friends house for to celebrate the 4th in the traditional manner, with fire and food! Both of which were in great supply and were quite enjoyable to observe. I couldn't help but watch the fireworks going off and miss my little bro a bit. Hopefully he got a chance to see some good shows (or make some) this week... 

and then yesterday we started out by going riding with a few of the staff out here at camp. I am always hesitant to do staff rides because a) they can be a fair bit of work, and b) they're apparently addictive to the staff involved. Despite these two risks we did go on a ride and it was fairly enjoyable, only one person fell off and there were no injuries to horse or rider. It was also a bit nice to ride in the same way that would be considered a typical ride at rainbow. The terrain is a bit more extreme out here... but it was close enough to inspire some good memories. 

The rest of the day was fairly relaxed... we took full advantage of the newly constructed carpetball tables, cooked a few frozen pizzas and watched a handful of movies. I once again learned that my opinions on movies are occasionally not those of anyone else. Movies that I think are incredible (The Way), others might find boring. Or quirky stories that don't seem that implausible others think are stupid and annoying. (I'm Reed Fish) Either way I enjoyed seeing them again. 

Today Is laundry day... and long overdue. I got up to feed this morning and we're currently watching the Man from snowy river while I write this and wait to change laundry over. I anticipate much of the same today... although the captain has returned, so who knows?

No comments: