Sunday, July 7, 2013

2.34 The one where I"m a bit nostalgic.

Yesterday was super chill as predicted. Movies were observed via netflix, naps were experienced in the half-awake half-dreaming sort of way, and the overall opinion seemed to be that it's time to get back to normal.

An opinion that seemed to be shared by the car full of gals who were attempting to get to camp when they had the third flat tire of the week. They did make it most of the way, and they're here now so it all worked out.

This morning involved church, and lunch at subway. The next week of camp (3rd and 4th graders) begins in a few short hours....

and now for a bunny trail!

This morning we sang be thou my vision and I was particularly struck by the following verse

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

And I was reminded that I love being the heir of an incredible inheritance, not only my parents but my grandparents are titans of the faith, and epitomize what I think of when I think of faithfulness and walking a lifetime in service to our Lord. Beyond that though I am also an heir of a different legacy, one that I've been intimidated by when I was directing, and one that I'm grateful for during board meetings. The Legacy that I'm referring to is that of some incredible people who founded these ministries. From Rimrock to ACK to Rainbow, Incredibly dedicated people have given a lifetime of service to this... and that is just incredible to think about. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run, with perseverance, the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus...

Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful...

Just a few of the thoughts that your post triggered in my brain...THANKS.
Love you,
Mom