Friday, July 12, 2013

2.38 the one with a psalm inside

I missed another day...

Today it's Friday and in a few short hours the wee ones will be heading home for the week.

An update on the blessing thing referenced in the last post.. I decided that rather than doing a pay it forward sorta thing I'd just take every opportunity I could to blues those around me. I doubt I did a very good job but I tried at least...

Also a day at the pool netted me a minor sunburn, only the second of the summer but still annoying.

Thursday was our best day riding all week, I was blessed by challenging my Wranglers to do the devotion and the safety demo for the rides, they really did well and it was fun to sit and listen to the kids interact with them.

Today I head to Casper to deliver a van and spend a few relatively quiet days before we start again Sunday afternoon. Another junior high week is upon us and is one of only four remaining in the summer...

I've been a bit grumpy a few times over the last week and yesterday had one odd those times... But I caught it fairly early and headed out on a walk with some great scenery and Matt Redmond.

Desperate for a devotion topic for the meeting I had been asked to lead I fell back on psalm 23. The same psalm that pastor Paul read just before dads service, the same psalm we used to talk about when we wrangled at rainbow. The psalm that becomes more full and rich as the years go by....

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

No comments: