Saturday, July 13, 2013

2.39 the one with lots of food and such

We arrived in casper safely after a few hours of yelling children in the van... I'd always assumed that the tired kiddos would sleep on the way home... but I guess that the combination of naps in the schedule, an earlier bedtime, and ineffective AC in Chad-Moe (our van) caused them to stay awake the entire way home... It also didn't stop my copilot from falling asleep incredibly quickly after we left camp...

After arriving in casper we fetched some tasty food at a chinese buffet, and continued on into a very relaxing evening and returned to our apartment for the weekend.

breakfast this morning was great (even though my copilot is terrible at staying awake he was great at scrounging for leftovers before we left) biscuits and gravy, and with the last of my mountain dew... twas great.

Today I plan on seeing a movie or two (the lone ranger, and either pacific rim or man of steel) puttering around a bookstore, and maybe a nap or two. We'll see what happens.. but that's the master plan :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your master plan sounds...masterful to achieve the result of perfect relaxation and rejuvenation. Hope it goes as planned.
Looking forward to hearing all your stories at the end of the summer.
Love you, Mom

P.S. I would not describe a breakfast of biscuits and gravy with a Mtn Dew chaser as a breakfast of champions, but glad you enjoyed it :-)

bromb said...

If you see PacRim today, let me know what you think. Planning on seeing it next week in Omaha and for some strange, unknown reason, I trust your tastes.