Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2.35 the one where I'm contemplative

Monday Monday Monday... It's amazing how quick you can burn through a week of rest, not that I'm down to pre-break levels of energy but I do groan my way through the wakeup process again...

I had a good day yesterday, it was nice to see the team again and everyone seemed like a lot of life had happened in a week (for good or not).

Also it is an annoying thing to be in a position of leadership and have the luxury of taking a break removed from you, not because it's not something you need but because when others see you taking a break it's ok for them to drop their stuff and take a break too.

Not that this is not a bad thing for people to follow their leaders to rest as well as struggle... But it does make it difficult to be part of the vanguard.

I also feel the frustration of knowing the fullness of camp and then being banished back to my pile of dirt down the road...

Suffice it to say I'm glad that I'm here and I love what I'm doing, but there are parts of the job this year that I'm not doing well... And I have yet to figure out how to fix that.

-Nick

No comments: