Saturday, July 13, 2013

2.40 The one where I talk about movies... and randomly meeting people.

Today went well. I followed the plan except for the going to a bookstore part.

I started out by going to pacific rim. Now, before I tell you what I think of this one.. let me give you a bit of context. I like robots... I think they're awesome. As a kid I was a bit obsessed with Battletech and Mechwarrior. That having been said... I really enjoyed this movie. I went in expecting a special effects action movie and was not disappointed, I also appreciated the storyline that they threaded into it. If you see it and don't like it... s'fine, but if you see it and do... we're in agreement :)

after I was done seeing that movie I went and retrieved maverick and moved on to the next thing on our list... The Lone Ranger. I also very much enjoyed this movie, it was totally different than Pac-Rim but it was quite good as well. The style of storytelling was quirky and engaging, the craziness mixed with the silliness of a Johnny Depp performance. It was fun.

Also as we were leaving the movies the second time we ran into some former (and future) campers! it's always nice to see campers out in the real world and know that the island that is camp isn't just a fairy tale land.

Tomorrow we do a few lil errands before heading back to camp to start a week of Junior High camp... Unfortunately the bookstores here in Casper are all closed on Sunday so I'll have to leave that particular thing until another weekend... 4 weeks left.


No comments: