Friday, July 5, 2013

2.28-32 The one where I read some good books. and some other things happened too.

Sunday started out with me dragging myself out of bed and heading off to church. After service ended and everyone abandoned me to their own social lives (yep, it's exactly as melodramatic as it sounds) I headed out to the friendly local Burger King and ate lunch and started reading the last novel in the wheel of time series, a brief 4 hours later I decided I should move on before they asked me to leave.

I then went to a friends house and visited my poor lonely computer that has been living there and played a bit of minecraft. I returned to camp later that night and slept a bit, and then continued to read my book through the early afternoon the next day (nothing like a good book to keep you from noticing you haven't eaten in a while) I was really happy with how Brandon Sanderson ended the series. (I'm trying to avoid spoilers so if you have read it and want to talk about it let me know and I'd be happy to get your feedback)

Monday didn't consist of much other than reading my book, and wishing lots of people a happy Canada day. it was super low key but incredibly restful. nothing much of note happened...

Tuesday a few of the staff returned from casper...

Wednesday we went to Scottsbluff and watched Despicable Me 2. It was everything I'd hoped it would be, and more! I highly recommend it. Also I got some shoes n stuff... but that's not really noteworthy.

This should be the last of the crazy fast recap posts... at least for now. A small update later today and we'll be up to the present!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful break from the hectic pace of camp - probably just what you needed. Obviously couldn't have been too bad - you didn't come home ;-)
I really want to see Despicable Me 2 now that you have given it your "2 thumbs up".
Enjoy the rest of your time off before the next wave of younguns appear.
Mom