Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Year 2, Day 5. Scheduled by man, or appointed by God?

The last few days feel in themselves like a week of camp... I've begun to know and love the people I'm working with, and I feel like I'm beginning to hit the things that I know I can do well.

Yesterday I spent a bit of time in a series of meetings that really dropped my stress level, Firstly I'm a little more at peace about directing a week of Junior High camp at the end of the month. There is still a shocking amount of work to be done... but at very least the things I was worried about have mostly solved themselves and I can move on to other worries.

Secondly I've been asked to help build up and intentionally invest in the guys on staff this summer... Which isn't a daunting task at all right? Thankfully after fretting and noticing that I haven't had a chance to connect with a few of them over the last few days... I was able to have some time for a few really great conversations today, and I am very glad that those opportunities are becoming more and more appointed and less of my own forcing them to happen.

On a bit of a logistics/make you aware of what's been happening note, this morning we were finally able to get on horseback and begin to get a feel for our horses this year. There are a lot of familiar animals in the herd, but there are also a sizable amount of ones who are relative unknowns... thus far we're in very good shape and we do appreciate your continued prayers for safety and health (ours and the horses).

I also have been asked to be involved in primary camp next week, for which I'll be travelling up to Casper with a few of the other staff here... I'm a bit nervous but also very excited about what God will do despite my involvement. I'll try very hard to keep you updated so you can continue to walk that road with me.

Tonight I don't have any real compelling bunny trails going in my brain... but I just wanted to once again note that the team is doing very well, God is being glorified, and we're hoping and praying hard that the growth is sustainable and that we won't just flame out in the midst of this season.

With that... goodnight dear friends.

-Nick

No comments: