Sunday, June 2, 2013

Setting the stage and asking for your support.


Likely if you've found this site you've already got a small grasp of what I'm up to but just to avoid confusion and to give a good point of reference for later in the summer I'd like to explain a bit more completely.

This summer I will be a wrangler and summer-long staff member at a camp just outside of Lingle, Wyoming. In the past this has been for an organization called Adventures in Christian Kamping (ACK) but due to God's incredible providence and an amazing merger process we've joined forces with Rimrock Bible camp and become Haven on the Rock.





I've worked at summer camps for 8 years now and the more I am involved the more I am convinced that this will always be an important part of my life. I am my best self when I'm at camp.

However I cannot do camp alone, as I've already mentioned in previous posts I need you support in number of ways. I'd like to explain a few of them to you and give you a bit more functional information on them.

Financial- I'd love for you to get involved in our ministry here at camp, if you're willing and able to do so. you can participate by donating by going to havenontherock.org/donate and going through the donation process there. If you'd like the donations to go to support me, then you may designate them on that site, or if you'd like to support the ministry as a whole that would be fantastic as well.

Encouragement- as I've already mentioned, I'm a sucker for comments in this blog or facebook, but I do also appreciate a good ol' snail mail letter every now and again. I've gotta warn you I'm not super great about responding in a timely manner but I do appreciate them greatly. If you want to send me mail then sent it off to

Nicholas Oegema
c/o Haven on the Rock
560 Rim Rock Rd.
Ft. Laramie, WY 82212

And last but certainly not least I desperately need your prayers. Now I fully recognize that God doesn't need us to do what he will... but the prayers of the righteous are powerful and I need all the help I can get. An old camp director said to me "around here we run on prayer and caffeine, and the caffeine is optional" Please keep me in your minds and hearts and pray frequently.

-Nick

1 comment:

Adam and Jenni Tibbs said...

I love that quote. We absolutely need to make this part of our daily mantra!