Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 44. Farewell to crossroads, Hello to the end of the week weirdness.

Today was our last day at crossroads. We slept in a bit (something we were in desperate need of) then headed over to finish our library project. We did get that done in time to eat lunch and turn around for our last day of VBS which went fairly well. After we finished up our regular VBS we stuck around to help with the kids reading club and then headed 'home'. After making a dinner of quesadillas (they were pretty great) many of us went to the gym and then returned 'home'. And here I sit... there you have it. gnite!

-Nick





psych! alrighty here's the rest of the good stuff. (in no particular chronological order or order of importance)

I sat with a man at lunch today who was a member of the program there at crossroads, he said that he had been in for a year and was hoping and praying that the church he was working with grew enough to take him on staff full time, but even if that didn't work out he had a good lead on a job and was hoping to land that soon. I promised him that I would pray for him, and I'd hope that you'd join me in that.

At the gym tonight I did enough upper body that I didn't want to cry about the tightness from a few days ago... then I biked another 12.5 miles. Good times, endorphins really help make these posts happen.

Tomorrow we head to cheyenne, casper, torington, and who knows where else... and reconvene at camp on sunday, pray for travel mercies and gracious people on the way. (we're all a bit sick of pulling up roots time and time again)

I might get shot for saying so... but the end of summer is quickly approaching and everything that comes with that. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm feeling that wall rush toward the front of the train...

Uhhhhhh... Oyez. I know I was bit tough on the ywam types yesterday, if you're looking for the other side (and an opinion I trust and respect on the issue) please read the comments on that post as well.

-Nick



No comments: