Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 40. Of lost journals and new homes, of memories and grace.


I have returned to the internet! Or rather the internet has returned to me... I'm not sure which and at this point I'm not complaining either way. I'll be publishing the missing posts as “lost journals” since they are written but need to be transcribed into typed documents before I can put them online. I'll try to do at least one of them on top of my regularly scheduled updates so for a while I'll be updating lots n lots.

Today began with church (as many sundays do) or rather today began with waking up at the church in cheyenne, packing up, eating breakfast, packing the trailer again, going to church, packing the trailer a third time, being blessed by a brother in christ (i'll explain this one later in this entry) and then repacking the trailer one last time. In short me no likee packing the trailer that many times but at very least the last time it was done right. In this I am my fathers son...

The service mentioned above was the early service at the church in Cheyenne, and it is the traditional service. It was somewhat encouraging to see such a traditional service where hymns are still sung... every verse, sitting down (standing is for those pesky youngsters) where communion is served every service and at the same time it was a bit boring. Also I didn't necessarily agree with the sermon... but in all fairness it was kinda interesting and reminded me of the 'frozen chosen” style services I grew up attending so if for no other reason than that it was good to be there.

After the service we repacked the trailer (yeah it was actually that many times) to fit the cots and various other things loaned to us by the church there and hitched up the shiney newer van that they're letting us use. (a van with working AC... PRAISE GOD) and to remove the gear that one of our number owns. He headed home for a few days (hopefully not more than that) to recover from a persistant sickness that he's had. Last but not least we were lent an air mattress pump which saved me the trouble of blowing mine up manually again. Huzzah all round for generous encouraging persons.

Upon our arrival in Denver we grabbed lunch on the 16th street mall. I got my first taste of smashburger which was quite delightful and we had a pretty good time people watching for about an hour.

After the mall we moved on to our new home, the basement of a small church. At this point we're getting good at loading and unloading... but I am starting to miss my own bed. Or at very least a place where my things can live semi-permanently

During the upcoming week we're in Denver. We'll be working alongside and partnering with several ministries and I'll letcha know what the daily happenings are.

-Nick

1 comment:

Alida said...

I love Denver and the 16th street mall! :)