Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 34. Lost Journal #2



Today was most excellent, we spent a while in prayer for the upcoming week first thing in the morning and then began the necessary prep for campers to arrive.

Also I should mention that the staff did the climbing wall and zipline here at TWM at some point. My memory is fuzzy on whether it was Sunday night or Monday morning. Either way it was fun and when I reached the top I was amazed how little the height was affecting me, and then I made the mistake of looking straight down... at least by that point I was already done and it was ok that my brain shutdown in a panic for a short moment.

Anyway campers arrived and were assigned teams {the composition of which was 1-2 guys and 4-5 girls, one male counselor and one female counselor} and at the time of this writing we've completed several challenges without winning any. But thus far we're doing well, the team is bonding and we havn't really embarrassed ourselves in any of them.

And now for a strange collection of short paragraphs.

One of my campers was a bit hesitant to be placed with me instead of the same leader he had last year but Keith {the leader he had last year} put in a good word for me and since then I haven't had any issues.

It is already exciting to see the changes between high school kids and the little guys. We had a short moment of reevaluating coming off of primary camp but it's very cool to be with an older age group.

I'm really excited about my partner in crime this week. Thus far we're working quite well together and it should be a great week for us and hopefully for our kids as well.

{as mentioned yesterday these were written on the day in question and are simply posted late... for the sake of historical accuracy I'll copy everything as accurately as possible}

Prayer Requests:
-That I can find time to get everything I need to done this week
-That I and the rest of the staff will have enough and the right kind of energy to keep up with our charges this week.

-Nick

No comments: