Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 11. Of aliens, a cow, and a few good men.

In many ways today was the sabbath. Around here we don't get a lot of time on sunday to actually rest since we go to church in the morning and early in the afternoon we're rolling and staff training gets underway so that we're in full swing by monday morning. Due to this fact we are encouraged to rest on saturday in whatever way is restorative for us. For some this means we don't see them all day because they just leave for the weekend or they avoid human interaction as much as possible. For others we read books, play guitars, enjoy many naps, watch movies, play xbox, and so on and so forth.

Today was no exception, I read a bit more of my book (the name of the wind) and am quite enjoying it. The horses made it real easy on me by showing up at the pen and not requiring me to go get them, also the few small injuries they've sustained are healing well and all of em should be ready to rock in two days time. Many of you who read these updates are aware that I also replenish and recharge by having solid conversations with people that I love and respect. Many of you are among that number and even if you aren't the fact that you're reading this means you're benefiting from that tendency as these updates are a pretty important part of that process this year. I say all that to explain how today was full of many great conversations and was incredibly revitalizing in spirit as well as body.

Eventually we grew a bit stir crazy, or cabin feverish and a few of us decided that we'd like to go see prometheus. This involved hopping in a car and zipping over to scottsbluff nebraska and finding a theater that none of us had been to before. In the words of matt brown, twas a magical journey. I enjoyed it and especially enjoyed the delicious burgers we grabbed on the way home and the conversations we had about the movie and other things. (star wars were involved... we're all nerds)

and last but not least I was able to acquire some more sunscreen (aren't you proud of me? I used a whole bottle this week) and a case of mountain dew.

In hindsight I could have just said rations full, spirits are high, and fun was had by all and left it at that today. meh... this is more fun.

-Nick

No comments: