Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 10ish. (it was day 10 when I started typing)

This morning I had to do one of my least favorite things. I had to say goodbye to people that I wish could be a part of my life always, A few of them were campers and some were partners unto the harvest. It is tough to see someone (or someones) that you care about leave and not know if you'll ever see them again on this earth. It would be devastating if not for the hope of glory and the promise that we'll see each other here, there, or in the air. In the meantime I'll just remember fondly the girl who was too shy to talk to me when we met last year and who has grown into an incredible woman, and I'll treasure the insanity and joy of the man who doesn't have to work at keeping up with the kids, they have to work to keep up with him. May your journeys be swift and peaceful.

As the final sprint unfolded it feels to me like a welcome turning of a page, coupled with the sorrow when a good thing is gone. We worked hard, we had fun, and if we did it right then we planted a seed that someone else will be the beneficiary of.

Since our campers zip out of here shortly after lunch I'll kinda outline what the rest of the day looked like. We do our final cleaning of the week and spend what remains of our energy in an attempt to get ahead of the next week before we collapse. After the cleaning is done we often will do exactly what I just mentioned, we'll collapse and many of the staff will take naps, go on solitary walks, or any host of individual resting routines. Today was no exception.

After I got a bit of talking time with my fellows on staff I too took advantage of the fact that I could sleep in the middle of the day and napped for a few hours, ate supper and then started on a book I bought shortly before camp. It's call The Name of the wind and so far is quite good... I also have been working through the book of james in my devo times and highly recommend rereading that if you havn't recently.

ummmm what else... tomorrow is a fairly open ended day so who knows what we'll be up to. I'm sure I'll find something that seems noteworthy to write about though so by all means come on back.

-Nick


1 comment:

Adam and Jenni Tibbs said...

Nick, these posts are such a blessing. Your honest evaluation and total dependence on the Lord are so refreshing. We are incredibly blessed to have you as the older brother on our staff!