Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 2. The disastrous green miracle.

Good morning! 3 days in a row? I'm almost as shocked as you are. Mostly because I'd have to be fully awake to be that shocked... thus... not yet.

Anyway, since I'm not sure how long it'll be before other things demand my time I'll hop right into it. Yesterday was an interesting day... we started the morning off playing a team-building game called the lake of doom! (yes, it does need the exclamation point) As you may or may not be aware, I am not usually a fan of these sorts of games, for instance I save a special sort of frustration just for the human knot. Despite this the lake of doom was fairly entertaining didn't involve getting arm-barred by flexible short people, and resulted in the world dying several times. (too be fair we did "save" it once or twice) Afterwards the discussion was pretty good and I enjoyed the opportunity to get to know the crew a bit better.

At this point we had lunch, and then killed about an hour watching the chaos of VBS wrapping up. Me and Keith are convinced that if you could bottle energy from kids (somewhat like monsters inc now that I think about it) we'd solve that whole looming crisis thing. anyway, mac and cheese was had and enjoyed by all.

After lunch is when the 'fun' began. In the theme of the day we continued on with a team building exercise... of a work project. At first glance this isn't a bad idea, sweat a bit on a mutual project and you tend to get along with each other yeah? but there were a few kinks that made it a wee bit more frustrating to me anyway. As another aspect of us lowly activity staff bonding was that our directors decided that they couldn't step in and run the project, a few of them were permitted to participate but were not allowed to lead in any significant tangible sense... this resulted in me working pretty hard to try and keep everyone busy and attempting to recreate a similar project last summer. needless to say it's not pretty... but it just might be graciously called functional.

Annd now to the fun part (forgive me if I rush, ben got here and It's almost time to focus on other things). When I went to go move my car yesterday it wouldn't start. Despite several mechanically inclined folks we were unable to get it going, best guess is that the starter is keeling over. I drove 4+ hours yesterday and it ran fine, got me here, turned it off, and now it's dead. We might do a bit of repairs on it but then again I might be without a car at the end of this thing... So please be praying about that.

off I go! since I got cut short I might try posting in the evening tonight but we'll see...2 days in and i'm already hangin on in awe of the ride.

-Nick

p.s. I still need 2 more prayer partners who want email updates, if you'd like to be one and havn't already emailed me shoot me a note at noegema(at)gmail(dot)com

No comments: