Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 1. oh sleeplessness we meet again...

Today is a new day, It turns out that even though my brain is catching up to the idea that camp is happening my body is doing just fine with the idea. Despite being extremely hyped up by seeing friends and staying up late I also popped out of bed about an hour before my alarm. I decided to take this unforseen opportunity to give ya'll an update. (ya'll being the two people that might actually read this).

So, if yesterday is all you read about camp then you might be a little confused about what I'm actually doing this summer. I am working with Adventures in Christian Kamping for the next two months and will be doing a variety of things including wrangling, dishes, cleaning, and who knows what else. We deal with kids of all ages but the largest majority are in the 11-15 range if I remember right.

It also is interesting to discover that other than the "senior staff" aka the tibbs and the bennetts, it appears that I'm the only activity staff that could swing coming back this year. What that means is we get to train a whole new batch of semi-experienced people and see what a whole summer with them looks like. To some this might be an exercise in insanity, but I was reminded yesterday that about this time last year a) I was a stranger to this place too, and b) God had (and has) been working to bring the people He wants here far before we even started worrying about it.

Annd since I've kinda run out of things to talk about right this second, I'll make a bullet list of things that you might care about.

-One of the activities directors asked me for 5 email addresses of prayer supporters so they can get updated prayer requests from her perspective. If you'd like to be on this list then shoot me an email via noegema(at)gmail(dot)com.
-Pray for me today, my body and spirit have decided that i only needed 5.5 hours of sleep last night... and rumor has it we've got a full day planned. pray for supernatural amounts of energy.
-Despite the potential narcissism here, pray for me. That I won't get in the way of what God is doing and that I will say the right things at the right time, instead of my usual tendency to say the wrong thing at the worst time.

Well there you have it. A second post in as many days.... how long can this last?! stick around, we'll find out together.

Nick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has a tendency to use us when we are outside of our comfort zone - sounds like this summer will be a walk of faith (as it should be) - Praying
Keep up the updates.
Mom