Friday, July 26, 2013

2.48 The one with a late night

The last few days have been incredibly charged emotionally... The campers have been incredibly vulnerable in sharing the struggles they have and the (often horrible) things they've been through in their lives. I've given and received a lot of hugs recently and that's a pretty cool thing.

This week has been a challenge because we've had so much that is new and unknown, we often don't know what is coming up more than a meal in advance. However it has been great, the strange and new assortment of activities that have been offered this week are great and are incredibly well received by the kids. It has also been a great experience to have the kids really dig in and try to improve themselves in a host of ways this week.

Last night chapel/worship etc. all went a bit long which is fine... but one of the gals here decided to ask for a prayer request that night games get cancelled. The director this week said no, but a short time into the game God answered that prayer and dropped a lot of water on our heads. The kids retreated to the main hall and we had a lampfire (a camp lantern surrounded by rings of chairs with all other lights off) and the kids worshiped and shared testimonies until about midnight-thirty. Due to an odd sense of dedication I stayed up until curfew at about 1:30 with the kids before I crashed.

It has also come to pass that I'm driving a van-load back to casper this afternoon... due to my current tired levels I'm going to take a nap before I go but I'm really looking forward to reading lots of the books I acquired last weekend and sleeping an insane amount. (and maybe writing a bit for you peoples)

With that I'm off to take my "be-a-safe-driver" nap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like God did some incredible things in the lives of the youth at Haven. That is so awesome and exciting! Go God!!
Drive safe!! :)

Anonymous said...

I like it when God trumps the weekly director. :) He does that to me sometimes too. It is nice to be reminded who is really in charge. Happy napping, and drive safe. See you soon.