Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2.47 the one with joy, and pain (and a song about rain)

Tonight was a great night in almost every way. I had the opportunity to clean bathrooms with some dear friends during chapel. You might think that it's very bad of me to skip chapel and do something that I 'could' do during another time... but it was incredibly refreshing to be able to do a good job at something without constant interruption by people who need to use the facilities, It was also very reminiscent of my first summer out here and it was nice to be reminded where some of my greatest friendships began.

It is also very important to mention that this afternoon I was allowed to teach a basic horsemanship class... it was very fun to teach a group of high school kids how to saddle their own horses (with lots of supervision of course) and then watch them take ownership of their teamwork with the horses. I used a few things that I learned back at camp as a kid, and it was a welcome thing to recall that home.

This evening during chapel (the one that I missed) I am told that during the alter call there was no less than 9 kids who came forward and accepted Christ for the first time. It was a joy to see how encouraged everyone was and how it did refocus us very well on what is really going on here.

Also I recieved a text from my little sister yesterday asking me "can you believe it has been 6 months?"... and I couldn't. (to be honest I hadn't even noticed until she texted me) I don't know why it slipped my mind, but it really hit me tonight with the addition of 9 (or more) to the kingdom, I'm a bit of a cynic about alter calls... but I also couldn't help but recall something from dad's service that I hope will be true of us here at camp, but especially that I embrace it myself. I hope our new brothers and sisters embrace this quickly because it gets rough when you really get after this life.

MercyMe – Bring The Rain

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

Might He be glorified In all we do here... and forevermore.


No comments: