Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 53. Saturday night's alright?

Saturday was a very chill day (so relaxed I even forgot to post)

The day began at about 7am... when our dear old camp grandpa greeted many people with his typical enthusiasm. The only problem with that is... he was doing it in the main hall which greatly amplified his already booming voice. Still you might be wondering why this is a problem... well... that main hall mentioned has a few rooms and such things that open into it. one of these rooms (seperated by a very much NOT soundproof wall) is the boys staff dorm. yep, you guessed it... the place I had been until just then been very happily sleeping.

I awoke but lacking the necessary motivation and social skills to see people (especially those whom were responsible for waking me up, or those who had encouraged it) I decided to read my book for a bit, and turns out that when I've got a chance I burn through good books... So not only have I finished with the name of the wind (which I mentioned earlier this summer) I have also finished book 2, the wise mans fear. Both good books and I highly recommend them to adult readers.

After finishing my book I ventured out into the now quiet main hall for some breakfast and discovered that at some point the population of camp had been reduced to myself, the Scottish brothers, the dreaded one, the lady of the dreaded one, and the child of the lady of the dreaded one. We were also joined by the mr. and mrs. captain before long, and at some point the parents of chaos and little chaos joined us as well. (the names have been slightly obscured to protect the innocent. and to amuse myself)

The day that followed was wonderfully unstructured and involved (in no particular order) shooting shotguns, mtn dew, good conversation, ham sandwiches, a nap, no less than 5 bowls of cereal, another good conversation, more mountain dew, a round of age of conquerors, and listening to the brave soundtrack.

it was great!

-Nick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a well-earned and needed break!
Praying that you will end strong.
Mom