Tuesday, June 10, 2014

3.8 VBS n other sundry things!

The last two days (and tomorrow) we're pulling half-day schedules. Half of the day we're training in prep for our summer-long jobs, and half of the day we're helping with VBS!

I am on the "target activity" crew. Which means we did BB guns yesterday, tomahawks today, and will do archery tomorrow! It has been quite fun to see the tiny people get into the activities and just generally be excited about almost anything we act excited about. 

And after a few hours out on the tomahawk range I also managed to add a new layer of sunburn despite applying sunscreen semi-regularly. unfortunately it wasn't regularly enough I suppose... but I'm starting to get a little bit of a tan on my legs (which is new and exciting) and whatnot. 

Umm... I'm pretty tired and spent most of my productive hours this evening doing director-ly things to try and prepare for my week which is rapidly approaching (the 22nd is so soon...) I've got good leads on a few counselors, so it might actually come together but... we'll see. 

I'm gonna go to bed. Sleep is a valuable commodity and the caffeine/dew detox is getting a bit rough at times. I imagine it'll be worth it though once it finally gets out of my system. I did also get my 3 nalgenes of water knocked out today, it's getting easier and easier. 


No comments: